Job Offer : 1 year Internship
Time: 40 hours per week
Who are we?
Alternatives 4 Children (A4C) is an independent charitable foundation established in 2011 in the Netherlands with the aim to involve professionals from the Dutch (Alternative) Financial industry. A4C will support sustainable projects and raise money for charities involved in improving the living standards of children. The foundation is a private initiative of a number of professionals from the Dutch investment industry.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone that wants to gain a lot of exposure to dynamic and growing business.
You must be entrepreneurial
We are bridging the gap between the financial sector and social impact / charity. You will have direct responsibility for several projects and will work directly with the co-founders.
You want to contribute
You will have exposure to a whole range of projects and tasks ranging from email campaigns through to project due diligence and event planning. You will need to have energy, want to learn but also bring unique skills to the table. A unique opportunity to learn, gain valuable work experience as well as contribute to a better world.
You want to learn, work hard and help grow our business!
This is just a sample of some of the areas you will be involved with:
- Project management : support in planning, coordination, organisation and execution of charity fund raising events
- Support by development of event budget and billing of the participants, follow up with investors, corporations and sponsors as well as accounting, financial planning, and invoicing for event participants.
- Creating and sending newsletters
- Sending newsletters about our events
- Preparing marketing material to attract new sponsors
- Creating flyers and press releases
Project Due Diligence, Impact Measurement and Reporting
- Compile support projects with impact measurement
- Collect and organize impact measurement data from projects
- Report impact measurement data
- Maintaining and improving CRM
- Source potential sponsors
- Source sponsor prizes for events
- Keep website up to date
Best practices management
- Developing of standard operating procedures
New Chapter development
- Supporting new chapters being developed in London, Asia and Nordics
- Demonstrated strong academic achievement at Bachelor’s degree program
- EAA national
- Excellent organisation, planning and multitasking skills,
- Interested in expanding your comfort zone
- Excellent communication and writing skills, in English (and if possible in Dutch) with expertise in PowerPoint/Prezi, Excel, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Project management applications (a plus) - additional languages (a plus)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with financial/investment terminology - CFA/or CAIA candidate a plus
- Strong interest in learning about asset management (particularly equity management, hedge funds, private equity /venture capital and impact investing)
- Self-starter, highly motivated with ability to take the initiative in moving projects forward and checking in with manager as appropriate – happy to be part of a new venture and start up
- Hands on, independent, problem solver, out of the box thinking
- Extremely Service oriented - Strong team player
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to learn
- Commitment to serving society’s needs -Ethical behaviour and a high level of personal integrity
What we offer
- 350 Euros / month as working intern
- 12 month contract ( 3 months trial period)
- Dynamic, fun environment – where you will experience and learn more then you will do in any other job!
Marc de Kloe or Sophie Robe: firstname.lastname@example.org